Is your Start Menu does not open or Start Button is not working? If your windows 10 start menu not working, We offer some useful tips to fix the Start Menu.
Start Menu is one of the most important and iconic parts of Windows 10, and the reason why many users like it. The start icon in your Windows 10 PC is seen on the bottom left corner of your display screen. Sometimes, you may click on the start icon and Start Menu is not working. Without the Start Menu, you get stuck—unable to use the system. When the start button stops working suddenly, must use the key to open the start menu. The procedure discussed here will help solve the issue and allow you to windows 10 start menu fix.
Also Check: How to get help in Windows 10 with Easiest way
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working?
There are a lot of different ways to help solve the problem with the Windows 10 start menu. The methods you should try are described step by step to make sure you solve the issue quickly and get your system back to normal condition.
1. Creating a New User Account
If windows 10 start button not working still, signup with a completely new user account may fix this issue.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC to call out the Task Manager or right-click the taskbar on your desktop at the bottom and click Task manager.
2. Type PowerShell and tick the box for creating this task with administrative privileges. Then click OK to continue.
3. In Windows PowerShell, type the following commands and press Enter key: set new username and password. The password is must be case-sensitive and not contain a space. Now press the Enter to create the new account.
4. Now restart your PC and log into the new user account. Your windows 10 start menu working now. You can easily change the new local account to a Microsoft account and transfer your data and settings.
2. Reinstall video card and sound card drivers
Sometimes the audio and video card drivers may create the issue. Reinstalling or updating a video or sound driver can also trigger the icon to stop working. Here is what you can do to get your Start menu working like a charm again.
1. Download Display Driver Updater and use it to uninstall your current display card driver. In the window that opens, choose Device Manager.
2. Double-click on the sound option, video and game controller. Right-click your audio card driver and click Uninstall device tab.
3. When prompted, You will get a notification like the below. Tick mark the box next to Delete the driver for the device. Click to Uninstall button.
4. Reboot your system after the uninstall of both of your video card driver and your sound card driver.
5. Going forward, you need to download and install your video and sound card driver again.
6. Run Driver software and click Scan Now button. Scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Uninstall Dropbox
In some cases, Dropbox may conflict with Windows 10 start menu feature. If you have Dropbox installed, try to uninstall it from your system to get windows 10 start menu not working.
1. Press Window + R keys at the same time to call out the Run box, and then you need to type Control key and press Enter.
2. Find Dropbox in the program list and click it, and click Uninstall to get it removed from your PC.
As you can see, Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working is not too hard to resolve. The above methods take only a few minutes to complete the task. Otherwise, you can go directly to the solution you need. If you have a better suggestion for us, welcome to leave your thought in the following comment section so as to share it with more users.